Raze in the News.
We're on a mission to tear down tobacco lies and spread the truth about the dangers of smoking and vaping. And when we do it right, you'll hear about it here. Check out the latest news coverage for our events, Commotions and more.
August 21, 2020
Preparing for Fall Semester 2020
We know that there is lots of uncertainty surrounding the beginning of this school year, and with that comes many questions. We’ve gotten lots of those questions here at Raze, so we wanted to let you know what changes we’ve made for the first semester.
- If your school is in-person and you are allowed club time, you may hold your regular Raze meetings. We ask that you complete 5 Commotions for the first semester.
- If your school is a blended or virtual model, or you are not allowed to have clubs/organizations, we ask that you schedule 5 Commotions for the first semester.
- These Commotions should be ones that can be completed individually.
- If you can meet virtually with or get input from your Crew Leaders about Commotions, that is fine. If not, you should choose the Commotions and dates.
- The dates for Commotions can be ranges; for example, you could schedule the “Clouded by Lies” Commotion to be completed between October 11 and 17.
- Once you have scheduled the Commotions, communicate those dates to your Crew and send reminders. These communications are what we will base stipends on, rather than completed Commotions. You can choose the way(s) in which you communicate with your Crew members.
- If you post a Crew announcement on the RazeWV.com site, we will be able to see it.
- If you are emailing your Crew, please just copy email@example.com on the email.
- If you make posts on social media, please send us a screenshot or tag Raze in the post if your account is public. You can also screenshot if you use a platform like Schoology to communicate.
We appreciate your flexibility during this time, and we are happy to offer whatever support we can as we navigate the first semester. If you have questions or need anything, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.